The Grover Museum is governed by the Shelby County Historical Society which is a not-for-profit organization that was founded in 1922 and funded by membership dues, donations, endowments and fund-raising events. The events and the exhibits would not be possible without the community volunteers.
The Shelby County Historical Society has a thirteen-member board of directors who work together to manage income and investments and to help create programming.
The museum’s permanent exhibits include “The Streets of Old Shelby,” which is a life-size generic village of the 1900-1910 era anywhere in Shelby County, and “History of the Railroad in Shelby County,” which features a diorama with running model trains.
The Grover Museum also has three rotating galleries that change displays several times a year.
The museum also has a meeting room, which is available for business, family, and community events for a donation.